Panel upgrades are an essential part of every home owners duty today. It does not matter if you have an old, outdated panel or yours is not up to code. The licensed electrical contractor at Controlled Electric have skills needed to get the job done right the first time.

Some signs that you may need a panel upgrade are flickering lights and breakers that constantly trip. All of which is a safety hazard that could cause smoke or fire which could harm you or one of your family members.

So what is an electrical panel? All the power that comes into your home comes from the utility department first, then to your electric service. From there it goes to your electric panel. From there, electricity is distributed in wires to different Toronto or the surrounding areas providing you power where you need it most.

You may not have a panel with circuit breakers; you may have an outdated fuse box or even worse an electrical panel that has lost its CSA approval because they have been proven to cause fires. If your home is older than 20 years old, there could be a good chance you have one of these panels.

There is a couple of manufactures that went out of business because they were forced to close by CSA because they made inferior products. Unfortunately, many of these panels and breakers are in thousands of homes.
Circuit breakers are designed to shut off quickly if there is ever a problem. (A fraction of a second) This keeps you and your family safe from electrocution, electric shock and house fires. With the old-style breakers, some of them will not trip under a test load for at least one minute; some did not trip (turn off) at all.

Problems arise from electrical panels for many reasons. We will list just a few below:

  • Loose connections
  • Burnt connections
  • Double tapped circuits
  • Old Outdated Fuses
  • Not UL approved

Unfortunately, we have seen just that in many of the homes in Toronto or the surrounding area. If your home is in need of a panel upgrade, then call Controlled Electric today. We will send one of our expert electricians to your home and give you a complete evaluation.

Get the most out of your home’s electrical system by calling the licensed electrical contractors at Controlled Electric. If you have any questions or concerns about your electrical panel or general electrical questions, then please call your licensed electrical contractor today at 905-448-2890, or you can also use our online request form.